10 October 2016
It strikes me that ‘diversity’ is turning into an industry of its own with all the hall-marks of those self-publicising self-help gurus who promise to change your life. But how much of it is smoke and mirrors?
01 September 2016
Firms are still hiring. Business is still brisk. Did the world come to an end? No. Have things slowed down? No. But did something change fundamentally? Yes, absolutely. And the biggest challenge is leadership.
Just as in the aftermath of the recession a decade go, firms needed a new type of leader to get them through it. The skills needed to navigate the challenges ahead are different. One might even draw contrasting parallels with Winston Churchill’s heroic wartime leadership of the nation and, following his initial landslide defeat in the 1945 election, his patchier post-war peacetime tenure in Downing Street. The skills needed are not the same.
22 July 2016
High flying careers that looked set to shoot to the stars are suddenly shot out of the sky and plummet back down to Earth in flames. Those once contemplating promotion are instead reconsidering their futures.
06 July 2016
• Full speed ahead or car crash? The post-Brexit future of the UK in Europe
• EU ‘will not bite its nose to spite its face’ by taking revenge on Britain over Brexit, say car bosses
• Business secretary Javid vows to fight tariffs to save jobs
• ‘we need tariff-free access to Europe to preserve jobs’, say carmakers
• £72billion boost to UK motor industry
• UK motor manufacturing continues to rise – for now
30 June 2016